the field in
Evidence Based Programs
What You Need to Know
Before Choosing a Product
- Do a complete wound assesment
- Establish your goal of therapy
- Support the patient and the wound
- Rule out intrinsic and extrinsic Factors
- Establish a plan of care
- Utilize a multi-disciplinary approach
- Continuosly evaluate the patient and Wound
- Explore non-invasive alternatives
Wound Management Modalities We Offer
- Negative Pressure Wound Therapy
- Skin Substitutes- Allografts & Xenografts
- Lymphedema Decongestive Therapy
- Topical Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (THBO)
- Wound Management Products
- Specialty Dressings
- Molecular DNA Laboratory Services
Acute vs. Chronic Wounds
Developing an appropriate plan of care hinges on conducting a thorough, accurate evaluation of both the patient and the wound. The first step is to determine whether the wound is acute or chronic.
• A chronic wound is one that fails to heal within a reasonable time—usually 1 month.
.• An acute wound heals more quickly, causing minimal functional loss in the part of the body with the wound.
Identifying the cause of the wound also is essential. If the wound etiology is unknown, explore the patient’s medical history (including medication history) for clues to possible causes. Also review the patient’s history for conditions that could impede wound healing. Other important aspects of assessment include evaluating the patient’s nutritional status, quantifying the level of pain (if present), and gauging the patient’s self-care abilities.
Click on logo for News Release
Next Science Advisory Board
Sept. 16-18, Ponte Vedra, FL.
Wound Consultants to participate as panel member on the development of Next Science Wound Gel.
Wound Clinic Servicios Multiples C.C.L. Srl. Santiago Dominican Republic
WCST in partnership with C.C.L. has successfully completed the first application of Primatrix Allograft on a patient.
Training in Latin America
June 17-19 Cali-Bogota, Colombia
Wound Consultants will be feature speakers at the XVII
Latin American Congress in Primary Care & Internal Medicine, Cali-Bogota, Colombia.IPMA 2016
Education Program VGM
January 26th, 2017
Wound Consultants presenting webinar
NPWT Sales & Marketing Strategies
WCST Evaluation of NEXT GEL
April 2016 McAllen Texas
Wound Consultants of South Texas currently managing an efficacy trial of NEXT SCIENCE Wound Gel . Next Generation wound gel that eliminates Biofilm ECM.